Apple® on 9th September 2015 announced iPhone® 6s and iPhone 6s Plus, the most advanced iPhones ever, adding a powerful new dimension to iPhone’s revolutionary Multi-Touch™ interface. The new iPhones introduce 3D Touch, which senses force to enable intuitive new ways to access features and interact with content. iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus feature Retina® HD displays made from the strongest glass on any smartphone and 7000 series aluminum, the same alloy used in the aerospace industry, in gorgeous metallic finishes that now include rose gold.
Let’s zoom on 10 of the others Apple is touting:
- Better Selfies. The FaceTime front-facing camera now has more megapixels (five) and thus higher resolution.
- Improved voice quality on videos, with more (four) microphones built into the phone.
- New color. Rose-Gold is the latest hue.
- Hey Siri. Apple says you don’t have to press the home button to say Hey Siri, a change from previous models, which had to be plugged in to power to make it work. To get the feature off the ground, you’ll need go to settings and opt-in for the feature.
- Live Photos. Take a snap and the iPhone will get a still and a quick video of you, and wrap it into one moving photo, like an animated GIF.
- Better flash reproduction in low light with selfies and the “Retina Flash” feature.
- Faster Internet. You can connect to Wifi networks twice as fast as before, and and get more speed out of your LTE wireless bandwidth than before. This actually counts as two features.
- 7000 Series Aluminum. The strongest metal alloy ever used on an iPhone, Apple says.
- M9 Motion Compressor. Provides a wide range of fitness tracking capabilities to help you measure how much you do every day.
- Stronger glass. If you’re one of those who drop your phone, -and that includes all of us, you’ll be glad to know Apple says the new cover glass is the strongest it’s ever used before.