CAT S52: Overview
Caterpillar Inc. launched the CAT S52 in November 2019. The device features 5.65 inches IPS LCD, Android 9.0 (Pie), 12MP camera system, 4GB of RAM, Helio P35 (12nm), and more. The phone comes in Black color only. Let us jump into the details.
The phone has an ergonomically constructed body with dimensions of 158.1 x 76.6 x 9.7 mm. It supports Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by). It weighs about 210 grams with the aluminum frame. The device has Gorilla Glass 6 on the front and plastic on the back. The device is IP68 dust/water resistant (up to 1.5m for 35 mins).
The display system has a 5.65 inches IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, which supports millions of color depth. You can feel the bezels with an 68.0% screen-to-body ratio. There is 720 x 1440 pixels resolution on the display system with an aspect ratio of 18:9. You will enjoy the 285 PPI density.
CAT S52 operates on an Android 9.0 (Pie), planned upgrade to Android 10. Mediatek MT6765 Helio P35 (12nm) chipset and Octa-core (4×2.3 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4×1.8 GHz Cortex-A53) CPU go well with PowerVR GE8320. You will get 64GB of eMMC 5.1 storage with 4GB RAM for your files and applications. The internal storage is expandable with a dedicated card slot.
The phone has a single-camera system that includes a 12MP standard camera. It includes features like PDAF support and LED flash. You can shoot up to 1080p videos up to 30 fps with the rear camera system. The videos will not get Stereo support in the sound records but gyro-EIS. You also get an 8 MP standard front camera. The camera can shoot up to 1080p videos at 30 fps.[iPhone 12 Pro]
Battery & Sound:
The device has a Non-removable built‑in rechargeable Li-Ion 3100 mAh battery. The battery system supports standard fast charging and has an appreciable battery life. There are loudspeakers on the phone without stereo support. You do not get high-quality sound output but a 3.5 mm jack port for external sound devices
- Super Bright 5.65” Display – HD+ (1440 x 720) 18:9. IPS, wet finger/glove-on working technology
- IP68: Sand, dust and dirt resistant
- Waterproof Down to 1.5 m for 35 minutes
- Drop tested Up to 1,5 m (5ft) onto concrete
- MIL SPEC 810G Thermal shock: handles low to high temperature differences between -25°C (-13°F) – 55°C (131°F) for up to 24hrs*, Resistant to vibration: Category 4, Resistant to humidity and salt mist
- Physical power and volume (up/down) keys
- High-grade aluminum frame
- Hard-wearing, non-slip rubberized TPU back
- LED notification (3 colors)